Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Grand Old Canyon

Well, we left Zion on Monday morning in search of the Grand Canyon. We didn't have to look to hard considering it is the GRAND Canyon. I don't really think anything can prepare you though for just how large a canyon it really is. Beth and I have seen some pretty awesome things on this trip but there is nothing like driving through what feels like an alpine forest and all of a sudden coming to the edge of a great chasm that drops nearly 6000 feet and reaches 15 miles wide!! It really is quite amazing; if the Grand Canyon Lodge was not in the way, you could actually drive right over the edge. Beth and I had a nice touristy walk along the edge, snapping pictures and marveling at the sight. We did not have much time to give the great canyon though so basically we took some pictures, bought some postcards and stickers and then got in the car and drove away. Although we didn't spend too much time at this natural wonder, it was still pretty cool to see!! Here are some pictures!!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. I know it was hard to spend so little time there. I guess a second trip will have to be in the future. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Bether,
I couldn't resist skipping down to the office to catch your blog. Used a calculator as my excuse. My 16 kids are all asleep. Great Camp Getaway week..but HOT! Tell you more later. Great pix as usual.. and stories. Glad you're using the a/c. The expert of all experts, Duane Wright says no difference in fuel with the a/c on and windows up or a/c not on and windows down. Something about air currents or something. Love you and talk to you soon. Lots of stories both ways, I'm sure.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Betsy, thank you for the wonderful card....your thoughts are much needed right now...keep exploring and have a glorious eights days before reality hits again...lolol. I could spend much time just looking at your pictures. Love to both of you.

Anonymous said...

Beth and Betsy, thanks for calling me a while back. It was so good to hear y'alls voice. All the stories and pictures are spectacular. Your trip helps remind me about what's important. I am definitely glad that you guys did not camp in Death Valley!! I love you and am holding you both in the light. all good things, E